Ametalin warrants that all Pliable Building Membranes listed above (“Product(s)”) are manufactured and supplied free of material defects in materials and workmanship and are guaranteed for domestic or household use in walls; enclosed floor spaces and under tile and metal roofs for a period of 25 years from the date of original purchase (which is stated on your receipt or invoice), provided that the Product:
1) is installed in accordance with our current installation instructions for the Product and the relevant Australian Standards;
2) is not physically disturbed or damaged;
3) is installed in a building with appropriate breathability designs for moisture management;
4) is not exposed to substances corrosive to aluminium in excess of what is normally found in residential buildings, whether airborne, waterborne or otherwise conveyed;
5) if installed within 500 metres of the sea, or in a non-residential building where the product may be exposed to corrosive substances, the product is contained in an enclosed, un-vented air space;
6) is stored in a cool, dry place and not be exposed to direct sunlight for extended periods;
7) any processing temperatures do not exceed 80⁰C; and
8) is not repaired or otherwise maintained by any person other than our authorised service personnel.
If a warranty is required for the Products used for commercial purposes, please contact Ametalin via the website www.ametalin.com or phone +61 (0)8 8285 6955.
To make a claim under this Warranty, you must submit the following information to Ametalin via mail or email (to the relevant address listed below) within 25 years of purchase:
Ametalin’s contact details for claims under this Warranty are as follows:
Address: Amalgamated Metal Industries Pty Ltd, 9-11 Playford Crescent Salisbury North SA 5108
Telephone: +61 (0)8 8285 6955
Ametalin will assess each claim according to its individual circumstances. If Ametalin assesses that your claim is valid and there is a minor failure with the Product which can be fixed, Ametalin will (at its election) either repair it, pay you the cost of repairing it, replace the Product with an identical or similar product or refund the money you paid for the Product. If Ametalin assesses that your claim is valid and there is a major failure with the Product or if there is a minor failure which cannot be fixed, Ametalin will refund the price you paid for the Product or replace it or, if you choose to keep it, Ametalin will compensate you for any fall in value of the Product below the price you paid as a result of the failure.
Unless otherwise required by law, all expenses incurred in making a claim under this Warranty are to be borne by you.
Ametalin offers this Warranty in addition to your other legal rights and remedies. This Warranty does not exclude or reduce your statutory rights in relation to the Product. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Ametalin excludes all warranties, conditions and liabilities which are not guaranteed under the Australian Consumer Law or which are not expressly stated in this Warranty.
No employee or representative of Ametalin, any distributor, any service personnel or any third party is authorised to modify, extend or add to this Warranty.
In this Warranty, “Ametalin” us” or “we” means Amalgamated Metal Industries Pty Ltd ACN 087 945 720 and “you” means the original purchaser of the Product.